Saturday, November 19, 2011

I was given a phalaenopsis to care for , two days after bringing it home buds dropped off and now?

The 3 flowers are wilted. I followed directions on the Trader Joe celophane: Temperature: 65-85 F days; 55-70 nights


Light: moderate, 79-80% shade, no direct sun, Fertilize twice per month ( I only have had it since last Sunday). we had a mean heat here in Southern California and I lost power for 24 hours, transformer blew up , heat in the house was above 100 degrees , could that be the culprit, is there any hope?

I was given a phalaenopsis to care for , two days after bringing it home buds dropped off and now?
Yes, the high heat could be to blame, especially if the air is dry, not humid.





You should be watering this orchid every day (be sure to let the water drain out) when the temps are high. An east facing window in the bathroom or kitchen would be ideal. If you need to increase the humidity around the orchid, you can always place a glass or two of water nearby. Remember, these plants are natives of a "rain forest".





Good Luck!!
Reply:Bless your heart! Yes, I'm sure that is the problem along with having to move it from one home to another. Be sure and tell the owner about the outage. I'd hold back on the fertilizer until it recovers.

family nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment