Monday, May 24, 2010

Which Romeo and Juliet characters say the following quotes?

CORRECTLY SPELL the name of the speaker of each “notable quote" listed below.





1. “From forth the fatal loins of these two foes a pair of star-crossed lovers take their life.” ________________________________





2. “O, then I see Queen Mab hath been with you. She is the fairies' midwife...” ________________________________


3. “My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me that I must love a loathed enemy.” ________________________________





4. “O speak again, bright angel, for thou art as glorious to this night, being o'er my head, as is a winged messenger of heaven...” ________________________________





5. “What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” ________________________________





6. “Within the infant rind of this weak flower poison hath residence and medicine power; For this, being smelt, with that part cheers each part; Being tasted, stays all senses with the heart.” ________________________________





7. “But come, young waverer, come go with me. In one respect I’ll thy assistant be; for this alliance may so happy prove To turn your households' rancor to pure love.”


________________________________





8. “No, 'tis not so deep as a well, nor so wide as a church door; but 'tis enough, 'twill serve. Ask for me tomorrow, and you will find me a grave man.” ________________________________





9. “And for that offense immediately we do exile him hence.” ________________________________





10. “Hang thee, young baggage! Disobedient wretch! I tell thee what-get thee to church a Thursday or never after look me in the face.” ________________________________





11. “God shield I should disturb devotion! Juliet, on Thursday early will I rouse ye. Till then, adieu, and keep this holy kiss.” ________________________________





12. “...I will raise her statue in pure gold, that whiles Verona by that name is known, there shall no figure at such rate be set as that of true and faithful Juliet.” ________________________________





13. “...For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo.” ________________________________





14. “Then, since the case so stands as now it doth, I think it best you married with the county. O, he's a lovely gentleman! Romeo's a dishclout to him.” ________________________________





15. “He jests at scars that never felt a wound.” ________________________________


16. “This bud of love, by summer’s ripening breath, may prove a beauteous flow’r when next we meet.” ________________________________





17. “O me, this sight of death is a bell That warns my old age to a sepulcher.”


________________________________


18. “…O, how my heart abhors To hear him named and cannot come to him, To wreak the love I bore my cousin upon his body…” ________________________________





19. “I do remember an apothecary,…And in his needy shop…Green earthen pots, bladders, and musty seeds, remnants of packthread, and old cakes of roses Were thinly scattered,…” ________________________________





20. “O, swear not by the moon, th’ inconstant moon, That monthly changes in her circle orb, Lest thy love prove likewise variable. ________________________________





21. “Love goes toward love as schoolboys from their books; But love from love, toward school with heavy looks.” _______________________________





22. “Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow That I shall say goodnight till it be morrow.” ________________________________





23. “Is Rosaline, that thou didst love so dear, So soon forsaken? Young men’s love then lies Not truly in their hearts, but in their eyes.” ________________________________





24. “Well, we were born to die.” ________________________________





25. “Thou art not conquered. Beauty’s ensign yet is crimson in thy cheeks, And death’s pale flag is not advancèd there.” ________________________________

Which Romeo and Juliet characters say the following quotes?
Dude, this is your homework isn't it? Hmmm. As a teacher I can tell you it's better to bite the bullet and do it yourself!
Reply:I can try to do these by memory but I may get some wrong.


Use the electronic link at the bottom and search for each quote. It's easier than thumbing through a book.


==============


1. Chorus


2. Mercutio


3. Juliet


4. Juliet


5. Juliet


6.Friar Laurence


7. Friar Laurence


8. Mercutio


9. The Prince


10. “Hang thee, young baggage! Disobedient wretch! I tell thee what-get thee to church a Thursday or never after look me in the face.” ________________________________


11.Paris


12. Montague


13. Prince Escalus


14. Nurse


15. Romeo


16. “This bud of love, by summer’s ripening breath, may prove a beauteous flow’r when next we meet.” ________________________________





17. “O me, this sight of death is a bell That warns my old age to a sepulcher.”


________________________________


18. “…O, how my heart abhors To hear him named and cannot come to him, To wreak the love I bore my cousin upon his body…” ________________________________





19. Romeo


20. Juliet


21. Juliet


22. Juliet


23. Friar Laurence


24. Capulet


25. Romeo


No comments:

Post a Comment